Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"GoTo" command

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottAW

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
US
I have some VB modules that I am wanting to execute in VBScript (system redesign). Some of my modules, however, use the GOTO command to jump around in the code. I cannot execute these scripts in VBScript. Is there a similar command/function in VBScript or am I forced to find new logic??

I do not believe that VBScript has a GOTO, but I have been wrong before. One possibility may be using Subs with Exit Sub statements in the right places, hope it all works out... "A computer scientist is a person who knows when it is time to hit the computer."

John

johnmc@mvmills.com

ScottAW,

The equivalent of GOTO is by trapping the error "ON ERROR" for vbscript. There really is no GOTO.

fengshui1998

There is NO 'GoTo' statement in VBScript!! I'm willing to bet.....uh.., okay never mind the betting. :p Honestly there really isn't any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back