Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"G" and "t" showing up after name? what other characters are there, and what do

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcsavaya

MIS
Oct 6, 2009
US
IM showing a Gt after my name on my 4621, what does this mean, others show "r", does anyone have a list of these and what they represent, I assume G is "group"

G group
T twinned
D diverted
N do not disturb

that is all i know from the top of my head.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

R is when the phone is registered to the backup ipo

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Does any one ever read a phone user manual?
The Display
B Phone Locked:
Internal calls only.

D Call Forwarding On:
See Call Forwarding .

G In Group:
You can enable/disable group membership.

H Held Call:
Shows the number of held calls. See Hold.

N Do Not Disturb On:
See Do Not Disturb .

NoUser No User:
The extension is not currently logged on. see No User

O Out of Hours:
This is displayed if one or more Hunt Groups is in "Out-of-Hours" mode.

P Parked Calls:
Shows the number of parked calls.

T Twinned:
The phone is being used as the twin of another phone.

R = Resilience
An R is shown after your extension name on the phone's idle display your phone is working in resilience mode. This
is used when there may have been a problem with the telephone system to which your phone was registered and
another IP Office system is currently providing support for your phone. In this mode, some features may not be
available and calls may be routed differently.

S = System Alarm
If you are configured as a system administrator , an S in the phone's display indicates a system alarm (IP500 V2 only)

DISC Disconnected:
To end the call, press Speaker or replace the handset.

CONN Connected:
You are on a call.

CONF Conference Call:
You are part of a conference call, displayed on the left hand side of the display. See Conference Calls .

Held Held
You have been put on hold by the connected party.

ssss Suppressed Code
When the Authorization code, if required, is entered, the number you enter is displayed as "ssss" for
security purposes.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Hi lcsavaya,

Are all the Characters uppercase? If there are lowercase letters then this is a bug which Avaya are aware of on the older 46xx/56xx handsets on version 8 and above. It's only a display issue and not service affecting. Think there was a fix recently for it so check the CQ's in the Tech Bulletins and Upgrade if it's annoying.

sorry for my ignorance intrigant, even a google search doesn't yield any results for this, or a previous Tek-tips relating, thanks for taking your time to help.

Lackey- yes. the ones that i am experiencing are weird, unused characters in lower case.....like lower case t and s, neither of my phones are twinned....its weird, we are updating soon, so ill keep an eye on the release notes

IPOLackey is correct only upper case letters are used on IP Office displays on 46/56xx handsets. The fix that IPOLackey is talking about was included in the 4Q 2012 8.0 & 8.1 Maintenance Release.

IPOFFICE-17119 Extra character in set display
IPOFFICE-34282 Extra characters in display of 46xx Phones

Ross Shorrocks | Avaya SME BackBone Engineer | Global Support Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back