Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"File Read Error" when running from Novell 4.11 Directory Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjeet

Technical User
Aug 29, 2000
IN
I have installed foxpro2.6 on Novell 4.11 volume and I run foxpro by mapping the volume on my Windows 98 workstation. If I switch to some other window and don't work in the foxpro window for a while, when I switch back to foxpro and issue a command, it gives "File Read Error".

Several things come to mind.

1. Check with you Network administration and see if there is a connection time-out after a period of inactivaty.

2. You have a screen saver installed and the screen saver started sometime between you sessions of with FoxPro. (Screen Savers are so processor intensive they dissconnect you from the network)

3. You are on a computer with low memory and your computer placed FoxPro into it's swap file

4. When you installed FoxPro the shareable/execute flags did not get set and someone else is in FoxPro using it.

I am having a similar problem and I was wondering if you ever got resolution to the problem or developed a get around?

I have the same problems but non of the above reasons are prewsent in my case . There nust be some other reason for this problem.

Can some one help please ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back