Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"File Not Found" when opening local FP file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallmilady

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
After copying asp and gif files (13MB) to my local folder in FrontPage, now I am unable to open any of the new or pre-existing asp or gif files. I get the message "The file "file:///C:/My Documents/....." is not found."

So, I tried to open other types of files. When I tried the private/folder_results file, I get "The server "" timed out. The current request did not complete successfully." It apprently opened in the web mode and keeps giving me that error until I close the program.

FrontPage was working great before the file copying. Is that what is causing this problem and if so, why?

While in the local file, I kept trying to open different folders and couldn't and would get the " ...is not found" message. While still in the local file, I tried to open "private/folder_results" file and got the "server timed out" error.

It takes several attempts to close the "server timed out" error window. Once I do, the folder_results" file does come up. Wondering why I'm getting a "server" error, I click on "File" and notice that the program automatically opens the web and I have to click on "Close Web" to get out of it.

Now I tried to open my FrontPage asp pages from Windows Explorer instead of through FrontPage. I still get a "server" error and it still takes several attempts to close the "server timed out" error window, but then the asp file opens.

I'm not able to open any other webs through FrontPage either. Does this mean that re-installing the FrontPage program will fix all this?

Right before this happened, I had also installed Office 2000 Service Pack 1, 1a, 2 & 3 for the first time. So, would reinstalling even help?

We're experiencing similar problems. Did you ever get this resolved? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back