Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Failed to get the information for specified account: EC=1314"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevstar

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
GB
My Exchange 2000 server crashed the other day. I had to format the hard disks and rebuild the server. I take a brick level backup every night and this is what I want to restore.
When I go to load the Exchange 2000 Agent I go to log onto the mailbox I get the error:
"Failed to get the information for specified account: EC=1314"
The user I am connecting to was the same user I had before the server crashed, but I have deleted and re-created it again (with all correct permissions, including log onto OS etc). I have logged on both as the user and administrator but this makes no difference. The user does have a mailbox on the system with an Email in it, so that is not the problem.

I have installed SP 5 for Arcserve agent but this makes no difference.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, I wondered if there is a hotfix that I am missing i.e. QOXXX.CAZ?? If there is a hotfix that I am missing, could someone tell me where I could download it.

The Exchange server is NOT a Domain Controller and I am using Arcserve 2000.

Thanks for your help

Kev
Frustrated Exchange Administrator!!

try to create local account on exchange server the same domain account & password you are using to configure the agent.

if prevoius version of Arcserve you need to install configure outlook with same mailbox you use to configure the agent.

OK, it is my stupid fault. When the posts say (Log on to the server as the account you are trying to use to configure the agent), I didnt realise that you actually had to log on to the MACHINE as that user rather than the network as that user.

I have now configured the agent and I move onto the next error I am getting!!

Thanks very much for your help I really do need it, this problem is a serious issue here and I seem to get nowhere fast!!

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back