Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Error Accessing File" Memory problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Couple of notes. Had my front end on a network, backend tables were linked across a network path; put copy on laptop and generate, quite often, the following message:

Error Accessing File
Nework Connection May Have Been Lost

Also, how does one remove objects once that are in the database? If you cannot, what is the remedy for "cleaning" up forms, etc...?

Thanks (have looked high and low)...

Anyone familiar with this problem? I have a substantial project and much time resting on this error message and trying to get the dbase back to norm? Is there an upfront memory problem? Residual memory? Does it have something to do with the "registry" of VB objects?

I encountered this error once. In my case the file was corrupted beacuse of software installed on my laptop. In my case I had Visio 2002 installed which updates a VB dll. Occasionaly this caused the db to corrupt. Microsoft's response was to revert to the last backup copy. Once you get that error you can't do anything with that db. My response was to create a new db and import everything I could and remove Visio. Other products cause a similar problem with access, you can search the MS knowledge base fro the following: ACC2000: Error Message: Error Accessing File. Network Connection May Have Been Lost. (Q304548).

As far as object cleanup. You should be able to delete Forms, tables, etc from the database window.

Brian

Thanks -- it struck me as somewhat irreversible. I will attempt to eport into new dbase. Will get back to you on this. Thanks

Worked fine. Opened up a new database, exported all objects w/o objection; and seems we're back to square one. We do this a lot in ArcView also, regenerating a program file, because of misc. corruption events. Thanks for your time...these things can be taxing without a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back