Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Enter Parameter Value" popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccessVB

MIS
Jun 23, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

When I hit an 'Exit' button on an Access form, I run the following code:

DoCmd.CLOSE acForm, "NameOfForm"

Before the form closes, i get a popup titled "Enter Parameter Value" for all the Check Boxes and option buttons on that screen. Has anyone else seen this? How can I fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Do you have any code in the "Close" or "Unload" event?

My guess is the form is corrupted because this happens on closing not when you open. It sounds like the controls become unbounded prior to closing. You see this a lot when a form opens and you have a control with a control source that does not exist in the record source. For example the control is bound to "PersonName" but you did not include this field in your form's query. Or you have a query that has a field name that does not exist in the table. So in these cases it thinks your looking for a parameter. Did this work originally?
1. Try compiling your code. (probably wont help)
2. Try compacting and reparing (probably wont help)
3. If the form is very complex and rebuilding it is not an option, decompile your application and then recompile. Search this site on decompiling.
4. If the form is relatively simple. Create a new form. Copy the form controls, then copy the code.

I come across this on tek-tips once...

DoCmd.Echo False
DoCmd.Close
DoCmd.Echo True

[yinyang]
Shann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back