Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"easy or short" bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebacon

Vendor
Jan 10, 2005
US
Does anyone have a script for installing easy bars in a northern pbx? Hotel enviroment so I am assuming that everything will be wide open, and they will just be dialing 9 for an outside line.
Thanks in advance for any help!

a little tough to do from a script, your routes and rlb's are unique to your switch.. what outbound route are you using for local and ld?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Unfortunately the switch has just shipped and I'm not that far along yet. The customer currently has 2 pri's and I might just have one route with two way did's

the quick dirty way to do bars is add spn bars, new spn for 1, 2, 3, and send those out the route. it slows the switch down, the right way is to add each of the npa and nxx's you need and the spn's(911 1010+).. either way it is just a simple script and not a major problem to do it right. i've posted one here on site that was used and it worked very well.. all bars/nars added in under 2 hours.. with a script in place i can add the complete list in under 1/2 hour

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John.... Where can I find the script you said you had posted?

i don't see them in a search, search turns up lots of unneeded data.. do you need a script to add spn or acutal bars? spn doesn't require a script, since it's about a 10 minute change. you'll need to add your routes, so you can add your rlb's so you can add your npa, and nxx's.. i have a script for adding npa's and nxx's ,, if you need it, i can post it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes... The script for the NPAs' and NXXs'would be great .
Thanks

i'll try and get that posted tomorrow

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John

I am not sure if you had time to post the script to add NPA's and NXX's intot he Meridian PBX but I would also be interested in having it.

Thank you,

i will repost it, i have posted it here but don't know where.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back