Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Domain Admins is already a member of group Admins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascore55

Technical User
Nov 24, 2004
EU
I have imaged 30 HP BL20 blade servers with the same Windows Server 2003 image utilizing Altiris Rapid Deployment. Prior to joining these servers to the domain, I ran the SIDGEN utility which is built in to the Blade systems.

After running the SIDGEN utility I set up my domain controllers and added all the servers to the domain. On all but 2 servers, domain admins was added to the local admins built-in group after being added to the domain.

On 2 SQL DB servers, domain admins does not appear in the local admins group. When I attempt to add it manually on each I receive the following error, "Domain Admins is already a member of group Administrators".

To troubleshoot I disjoined each from the domain, deleted the computer accounts from AD, regenerated the SID's, let the servers sit overnight, then readded them to the domain....same result.

Have any of you seen this before?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

try running the commdand line query of the local group. See if it shows up there.

net localgroup Administrators

I ran net localgroup Administrators, only the local administrator is present in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back