Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Device Paused" error - how to clear? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

831st

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US

NT 4.0 SP6 server
BackupExec 8.60
Dell PowerVault 120T

The Activity Monitor shows "Device Paused" but the Devices tab shows deivde is off line. Right-click on the device does not give me an option to bring online or un-pause.

How can I remedy this?

TIA,

831st System Admin

UPDATE

I was able to clear this by "pausing" the already-paused device and then un-"pausing" it again (unchecking "pause").

HTH someone else ...

I had the same problem with a Dell PV 110. I needed to turn the device off then reboot the server and turn the device back on.

I am having the problem again and this time I cannot keep it "un-paused". I will schedule a reboot of the server and see if that helps.

thanks,
831st SA

You may not need to reboot the entire server. I've often fixed the Device Paused problem by stopping all Backup Exec services, power-cycling the tape device, then starting up the backup services again.

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back