Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Dart" TCP control

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
US
I am still new to TCP controls but a while back I bought a TCP control from the Company Called Dart. Well come to find out that their service isn't what you would like it to be.

Here is my problem:

I connect to a server with my VB application using my TCP component and it connects fine, sends my data fine, (and here is my problem) it intermittantly resets the connection (IE.. it disconnects and reconnects very quickly about 4 times a week) and in doing so sometimes misses the ACK message that was sent from the destination server saying that it got the sources info. When it misses this ACK message it of course just sits and waits for the destination to send an ACK message that is never to come.

Has anyone had a problem with a TCP component resetting its connection?

T[sup]h[/sup]e[sub]K[/sub]i[sup]n[/sup]g
[pc3]

Have also used Dart, though my understanding of the component is that it wont drop the connection unless you have set the response timeout as very low.
More than likely its a connectivity problem, our router/BT router was dropping our connection and causing the component to disconnect.
We had been using broadband, but swapped to a leasedline to solve this problem.

Ok, I will look into that. Thanks

[pc3]

Humm... what would you call a short timeout setting?

Mine is set for 30,000

[pc3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back