Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"CRAXDRT Error Occured on server. -214790908: Failed to export the rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizpong

Programmer
Dec 6, 2001
US
I'm using Crystal reports runtime dll's to view files through ASP. But while I'm trying to export to Excel format I'm getting an error saying "CRAXDRT Error Occured on server. -214790908: Failed to export the report."
As I know I have copied all the dll's for export format and destinations. Then what might be the reason for this error?. Please somebody help me..........
Thanx in advance
Zizpong

hi,
i'm having the same problem on client machines,
looks like there is a dll missing (in my case for
pdf- export)

so my question: does anyone know what dll is needed
for pdf export?

thanx
ca

i think therz a version problem of rptserver.asp which i have goofed up. But not getting time to check it. U check the proper latest versions of dll's and rptserver.asp.
Bye

If this is version 8.5, they completely changed how exporting is done. When you installed CR on the web server it installed a viewer virtual directory under the default web site. We recreated the same virtual directory in our production website and copied the entire scrsamples directory to the physical directory we were runnning reports from (this should be the same directory where rptserver.asp is). I am not sure this is the preffered method but this worked for us and the reports export correctly now.

PS: the down side to this is that doing this will enforce the 5 concurrent user license. Once the sixth user tries to run a report it will tell them you are out of licenses. The reports will call a page when the user closes the report to clear the object using the license.

Jeff Sager
ProcessMail.com

Encountered the same problem using CR 8.5 and CR Enterprise.

Resolution was to copy from folder:

C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Samples\En\Code\Web\Active Server Pages\rptserver.asp (should be 31k in size rather than 29k)

and dump it into the same folder where my web reports were located.

The version of rptserver.asp that comes with the samples from the Seagate site is out of step for use with CR 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back