Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

elifer0

Technical User
Sep 4, 2008
DO

I'm connecting to two Database with BO. The first connection is working perfectly, but the second one is not.
When I run the report, it says: "Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005)"

Details:
"Exception: DBD, ORA-12154: TNS:could not
resolve service name State: N/A "

How I solve this error??
Thanks

From the error, it sounds like you're connecting to Oracle. This error tells me that whichever computer is making the connection does not have the database you want to connect to in its TNSNames.ora file.

What BO tool are you using? Desktop Intelligence (Deski), Webi, a dashboard? If it's Deski, are you connecting locally, through a Connection server, or through a report that has been published? If you're running the report through the BO infrastructure (i.e., not through DeskI with a local connection on a workstation) then the problem is on the server where the report is running.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Yes, I'm connecting to Oracle. I have the Database in the tnsnames.ora file

========================================================
Service =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = IP Address)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = TBS

========================================================

I'm using Deski and connecting locally through a connection server.

I assume that by "I have the Database in the tnsnames.ora file" that you mean you have it locally. If you're using the Connection Server, then it needs to be in the TNSNames on the server where the Connection Server is running.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I agree with hilfy.

You need the TNSNames entry on your server. This error is ALWAYS about not having the right entry. If you're using DeskI, remember that it can connect to the database directly, or via the server. When you log in to DeskI, the icon for your System either shows a computer or a globe. If it's a computer, then you will be using your local TNSNames file; if a globe, you're using the one on the BOE Server.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Well,

I am running into same issue when running a report off of sql server database and with a stored procedure. We used run this report with out any issue earlier, we are running into this issue over the past few days.When SP is executed from query analyzer or from crystal, it works fine. Any help would be appreciated. One more thing, i remember there is some setting in BO param files that allows you to create and drop temp tables from FHSQL, but not sure what that setting is ? BTW we are using BO 6.5

Thanks
Naga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back