Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Choose Junk Folder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BToney

Technical User
Jan 11, 2004
CA
When I launch Eudora, which I have set up to access my server (Runbox) via IMAP, a window opens which tells me to *choose* a junk mail folder. I have created a junk mail folder which shows up correctly when I go online.
I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't seem to affect the functionality of Eudora as the IMAP connection appears to be working ok but it's rather annoying.
Can anyone advise me?
I posted a query on this before but I think I did not lay out the problem clearly.

Could you please explain the phrase "mailboxes are held relative to the location of the executable"? Sounds very technical and I am not sure how it helps.
I contacted Eudora support which told me that the instruction to "choose" a junk mailbox meant that I must create it. Since I had already done this, I couldn't understand that advice.

"Command Line: c:\apps\eudora.exe will use c:\apps as the mail directory and c:\apps\myeudora.ini as the INI file."
from
Page 162 of the manual says "Once you install Eudora, Eudora asks you if you want to install a new mailbox called Junk to hold junk email messages (spam). The Junk mailbox appears in your mailbox list. The Junk mailbox is a special mailbox like the In, Out, and Trash mailboxes. It cannot be deleted or renamed." although it does not mention moving it.

As there is nothing in the ini files, I guess you can't change the location / name.

I wasn't asked to re-name it or to move it. I was told to *choose* it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back