Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Can't print the illustration" error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetspirit

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I have just installed a new printer onto my PC. Now, whenever I try to print anything off illustrator an error message says: Can't print the illustration. I've heard of others having this problem without switching printers but no-one has the solution.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Copy all of the contents into a new document and save it as a different name. You may need to restart before that new file will print either. Hope that helps :) "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Thanks loads for that. I'll give it a go but any other suggestions on how to permanently rid my illustrator of this weird problem would again be much appreciated.

Ta

Thanks again Jaquan :eek:)

I appreciate the help, but that doesn't seem to work. Just tried it, and it wont print anything at all. Guess I'll just have to export to Photoshop from now on.

I wish to god there was a simple solution (other then switching to a Macintosh) but saddley Adobe and Windows just dont get along. I've tried numerous things and eventually all the installs of AI I've had have eventually gone buggy. To date the I get the least amount of problems if I install PS before AI on a clean system. Also I have noticed small benefits from launching PS first each day. I know it sounds hokey but the memory management is just plain poor. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back