Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Cannot find an available Machine to run this job."

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtomberlin

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
US
From time to time, with no discernable rhyme or reason, my Seagate Info server (with all components installed on one machine, including web access, APS as a service, Info server, no Info storage), returns the error "Cannot find an available Machine to run this job." There are no time constraints in place on the machine, nor have any users been removed from the system that had scheduled the job. Rebooting the computer will allow the jobs to run again for a while, until the Info server goes 'offline' again. I have reinstalled the software in an attempt to solve the problem with no success. Any suggestions?

I ran into the same problem this morning. I am new to Seagate Info server but have expereince with similar applications. I put the th job on hold and then restarted the "Seagate Analysis Server" service on the computer running the jobs. I restarted the job after restarting the service and it ran successfully. I know this issue was submitted over three years ago...but it looks like it might still be happening.

If you're running Seagate Info then it shouldn't surprise you that the same thing occurs, it's over 3 years old and wasn't even being supported 3 years ago.

Not to worry, Crystal Enterprise (the big kid version of Seagate Info) has plenty of quirks as well along these lines ;)

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back