Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Bad Time Format String" Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I've created a report using date/time fields where I've taken a date field {CloseDate}, a string field {CloseTime} and converted the two fields into one using this formula:

DateTime ({Clsdate}, Ctime({clstime})

So, my date was converted from this:
(3/4/02) (11:00am)
to this:
(3/4/02 11:00:00) = 1 date/time field.

However, when compiling the report and trying to run using CRRUN32 I'm getting an error message:

&quot;Error in file, error in formula <closedate>
DateTime ({Clsdate}, Ctime({clstime})
Bad time format string.&quot;

What's wrong with this logic? When checking for errors I get &quot;No errors found&quot;.

Please help!!

Could it be that you have some bad data?

It sounds like the report is compiling and running, you just have some bad data in the time field. Try checking for the existence of null or illegal values in your formula, or better still check the database and correct it.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

You could get this error if the string field {CloseTime} does not contain a valid time string in any record. You need to validate this field and provide a default time alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back