Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Automatic inquiry" not occurring MICROS 9700 HMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT Tech

Systems Engineer
Jan 22, 2019
US
Hi everyone,
I'm having an interface issue that I am trying to resolve. I am going from a MICROS 9700 to a COMTROL interface, which uses the standard MICROS PMS interface.

I have a tender setup for the appropriate interface, and when I try to close a charge to it, I get back "CHARGE DENIED". I went over this with the PMS techs and they said that their system is expecting a query, after which you are prompted to say which guest you want to charge, and then the charge is sent through.

There is an option that says "Post 0.00 Transactions to PMS" that is in the tender (this is activated), which states "Set this ON to allow automatic inquiry when an operator attempts to post to the PMS."

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the MICROS to SEND the "automatic inquiry" mentioned. When I press the tender button, it simply tries to post the amount on the check and so I get the "CHARGE DENIED" message.

I manually tested sending a $0 check to the interface and I do then get a prompt for which guest I want to charge... so it appears that this is what the PMS is expecting.

Thanks for any advice!

Did you ever get a response or find solution? I'm running in same issue...I'm Comtrol side and the POS guy says there is no config possible.

ES

Comtrol is not likely the issue. Does a room charge post?

Charges are not posting. Getting a "Charge Denied" message. Looking at the messages, Micros is sending the post request without a prior post inquiry or request folio information. Our software is expecting a post inquiry/request folio information (msg 37), to which we return guest info and credit validation (msg 25), then finally receiving the post request (msg 61 and 59).
This is working perfectly fine at other properties. But at this one property, we are not getting the msg 37 from Micros. What would be the setting to enable this on a Micros 9700?

Definitely sounds like the serial interface is not communicating. Check the serial cables between Micros and the comtrol device. Also check that the other interface on the comtrol are communicating properly.

Thanks but it has nothing to do with serial connection. There is back and forth communication. Just not the right message to start the posting process from Micros.

Could be the interfaces are not setup properly. Unfortunately, we have phased out all 9700 site for me to check the pos side. Opera should be Micros IFC 9700/3700 enhanced (assuming enhanced was installed).
Wish I could help further. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back