Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"ASP is not supported on Windows Millennium Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepingbusy

Programmer
Apr 9, 2000
GB
Hi All
Just a quick question. I'm new to ASP and trying to set up a website that'll show, update records from an access database etc.
I have a good knowledge of FrontPage 2000 and some knowledge of Access 2000. In a nutshell and as you can see from the title of this thread, I am using WIndows ME and would like to know what I need to do to set things up so I can create web pages for my task? I have a web host etc
I've scanned the old Microsoft knowledge base but as you already know you seem to get a bit lost!

I look forward to any replies with thanks in advance for your time and effort and perhaps you could suggest some links where I might need to look
KB When everything else is said and done, there will be nothing else to say or do

You can't run asp from a Win9x engine(Win95, 98, ME). However, any NT engine will run(NT4, Win2k, WinXP).

-Bad Dos

Hi baddos

Thanks for taking the time to reply, so are we saying there is no hope then (I'll have to install Windows NT?)
KB When everything else is said and done, there will be nothing else to say or do

In creating database-driven web applications you need to install a web server on your PC. You may choose from Personal Web Server (PWS) or Internet Information Server (IIS).These web server also serves as ASP application server to run your ASP applications.

The problem is that I think Windows ME doesn't support PWS or IIS. Or it is not adviseable to install any of the web server in windows ME.

Try visiting this link for more info...

Hope it helps.

Hi rhapsody

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll take a look at the link

Hi All

Thanks to those who posted replies in reponse to my initial question. After all my efforts, turns out the package I currently subscribe from my web host to didn't support asp but I've changed that now and all is ok
Thanks again for your time
KB
When everything else is said and done, there will be nothing else to say or do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back