Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Access Violation" when launching Crystal Reports XI R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpurcel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
US
Hi, we are having problems installing Crystal Reports XI R2 to a server running MS Server 2003 R2. The installation completes without a problem. But as soon as we try and launch Crystal we get an "access violation" error.

I have read multiple posts about "access violation" but all of them deal with issues that occur with reports in Crystal. We can't even get Crystal to open. We get this error when launching the software. The server has Visual Studios as well, so we get asked if we want to debug with VB debugger.

Crystal is installed on the C drive of the server. Does anyone have any ideas what is generating this error? Again, the installation completes with no problem,but the software won't launch.

If I have omitted pertinent info let me know what it is, and I will update my post.

Which was installed first - Crystal or Visual Studio? I have seen some problems when VS is installed after Crystal.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Visual Studios was installed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back