Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Abnormal Cleanup of MacSqlConnMan..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

streborr

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2002
After updating from 7.6.300b to 7.6.300c all users receive the following message while in OE - Enter Orders.

"Abnormal Cleanup of MacSqlConnMan in MacMSS.dll, No server Exit Op Provided! Some Client and Server resources may be left in an unknown state."

After closing that message the one below appears:

MACEXE caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff88396.
Registers:
EAX=c00309c4 CS=017f EIP=bff88396 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=03fcffec SS=0187 ESP=03ecff64 EBP=03ed00dc
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=4177
EDX=bff76855 ES=0187 EDI=bff79060 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 56 57 8b 75 10 8b 38 33 db 85 f6 75 2d 8d b5
Stack dump:

The only way to get rid of this message is to reboot the workstations but the error messages still pop up when going back into OE.
(I tried deleting tmp files in the workstations and the Users folder)

Some users get through an order without the message and some don't. All users get the messages when closing the OE - Enter Orders screen.

I do have some Flex apps running in OE. I didn't update Flexibilty, not sure if I was suppose to. My Macola consultants said it wasn't necessary.

Are there any updates to the Flexibility piece that apply to SP C?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Rick

"Without deviation, progress is not possible."
Frank Zappa

There is a flex update just for 7.6.300c that you need. You could test by going into OE for a user without flex code just to verify that it's the code causing it.

Kevin Scheeler

Thanks Kevin,

Logged in as Supervisor on a user's machine and had no problem with OE.

The date on my Flex install screen is 1/25/2005. The file date for Flexibility on Exacts site is 10/31/2005.

I'll try installing that before looking at all the VBA code behind OE.

I'll post my results when I finish.

Thanks,
Rick

"Without deviation, progress is not possible."
Frank Zappa

Had the same problems going to C on just a couple of workstations. While I do believe that kscheeler is correct to have you update your Flex (You should always keep you flex at the same level as you progression install), I also think you need to look at the macmss.dll file both on the server and in the Program files\common files\macola shared

My server version is dated 4/10/06 at 713kb. On the workstations that had this problem here I copied the one from the server to the local station. I know. This does not make sense, because Macola should be looking at the server version but it did work on my problem stations here.

Also check their shortcuts and insure that the shortcut is using the drive letter mapping (i.e. m:\macsql\) to start macola. Sometimes shortcuts will change to a unc mapping (i.e. \\servername\sharename\) and this will cause you problems as well.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!

I have the similar problem with 7.6.300SpC on MSSql. But that doesn't limit to OE. It occurs when the user try to spool reports. Abaldwin's trick doesn't seem to work on my problem and I don't know what's Flex and what it does. Can anyone fill me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back