Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"A valid attendant number has not been specified"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelBoy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
US
Here a strange problem I'm not sure how to fix.

When a guest checks out of a room, it plays "This room is not currently occuiped, your call is being transfered to the hotel operator", but after that it says "a valid attendant number has not been specified".

Where do I check to make sure all calls revert back to the operator queue 2007?

Thanks!
Mike

Michael MacCallum
Operations Manager
Marriott International 57/181.41
One Marriott Drive
Washington, DC 20058

You need an attendat DN setup in you mail system. set it as 0 and it will go to the operator station. log into Meridian mail goto general admin which is number 2, then go into general options which is option 1 and scroll down to Attendant DN and fill in the blank. That should solve your problem.

in the mb set the dial 0 option to 0. that greeting is from the mb, i don't think the mail att, controls that but the vmb att does

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

That is a hospitality setting. when the room is checked out it defaults the box and erases any old messages from the previous guest. It should be the system wide attendant setting that controls it in this case and the mailbox setting that takes over after the room gets checked back in on the hospitality side.

have you tried setting the mb with a zero out option?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back