Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"5.7.1 Access denied" errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thilton

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
US
Hello All,

Need some direction. My client is having problems sending emails to their customer in Switzerland. they get the following email in reply.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: System Administrator
> Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 3:26 PM
> To: 'user@domain.ch'
> Subject: Undeliverable: Friction testing of Socks
>
> Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
>
> Subject: Friction testing of Socks
> Sent: 2/13/2004 3:26 PM
>
> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>
> 'user@domain.ch' on 2/13/2004 3:26 PM
> You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
> <mail.domain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied>

THe client only has problems with this Swizz domain, everything else works just fine. I've been searching the MSKB but not finding what I'm looking for. Do I need to create a SMTP connection specifically for this Swiss domain? Any thoughts on cause of the problem?

Could be this domain is blocking mail from this recipient. They could have some spam filtering software that is blocking this user for some reason. Have you tried sending a test email message to this customer in Switzerland? You may need to contact them to have them taken off of their blacklist.

Hey zoeythecat,

Thanks for the quick response. Is this error indicative of spam blocks or blacklists replies with Exchange servers or emails?

Yes....If your server is compromised somehow and is being used as an open relay you can end up being blacklisted from several domains (this happened to me some time ago). In your example its probably not the case because it is just one domain. This type of error can be indicative of a spam block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back