Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"1611 CPU Fan Failure" bootup error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We've received a fan failure error message "1611 CPU Fan Failure" on bootup in our ProLiant 1600. After the error appears, there's a 5 second countdown, after which it shuts off and powers up again after a few seconds. We've changed the fan, we bought one from compaq ( Part No. 122633-001 ), but we are still receiving the error. What could be wrong? Both fans are working, they spin on powering up the system. Could something be wrong with the BIOS?

Thanks.

Luis

Just had exactly same problem. Bought a non Compaq spare fan and it didnt have thermal cutout yellow lead.

I took the split ring of the fan, opened it up and swapped the bearings from the non Compaq one. Job done.

Works like a dream now and soooo quiet as well.

I had this same problem on a ML370. To stop the shutdowns, you can disable the thermal shutdown. This is NOT recommended but it works. I replaced the entire motherboard which came with the processor cage. I ordered the part from HP and after installation, the 1611 problem began. I replaced all the fans (from another fully functional ML370) and ran the server with the lid off and I can see all fans running fine. I called HP, they had me run the ADU utility to gather all the info and logs and then e-mail that to them. I mailed it to them once a month for 3 months and still haven't heard back from them. It's the first time I've had horrible support from HP. That, after years of buying their products.

I'm actually having the same problems, only on a proliant 1600, replaced the fan.. no go, how can i disable the thermal shutdown ?

I couldn't disable thermal shutdown on the Proliant 800 because it happens before you can get into BIOS. I imagine it's the same on the 1600, as they are similar. I would call up the parts place I referred to earlier in the thread and ask for a fan that has a pinout like I described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back