Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"0" doesnt ring operator?? Need help!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguderian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
Our system is setup so that when you press '0' it dials the operator, which within VM goes to a virtual # 1809. For some reason when we press 0 or 1809 it just does a long beep tone similar to when you press the forward button as if its waiting for me to enter something. How can I fix this? I suspesct this was some FNC button push or something.

Thanks!

Its on an attendant console. However they also have a separate DID attached. So the main # is 4200 her ext is 4201, and we call her by dialing 0. Also 1809 is a virtual # used as well.

Sounds like it is not an attendent console. An attcon cannot have an extension number.
Check CM 200>1 or CM 200>18 one of these should = 804.
Then check to see if there is forwarding on the 1809 extension. E600>1809 should be NONE.

@pave35 - It appears that its a dterm with an additional panel of speed dials off to the side of it.

CM200>1 reults in 804. CM200>18 results in "WRONG". What do these indicate?

Also E600>1809 results in wrong.

Any other ideas? Its pretty weird that all of a sudden my operator # would stop functioning.

I think you found your problem.
Go back to E600>1809>WRONG and type CCC to clear the forward. Looks like the number was forwarded to another station that was then deleted.
200>1>804 means 1 is the lead digit of a 4 digit station number.
200>18>WRONG is because the 1 is already assigned so 18 is obviously the lead digits of a 4 digit number.

@Pave35 - That did it! I have no idea how that happened. Clearing out that 1809 # allowed everything to funtion normally again.

Thanks for your help!

John

Look out for destination forward codes. These allow someone to dial the code from a station and then another station number forcing it to forward to the station.
Like if you went to someone elses office and decided to forward your phone to that office for the day. You can use the code fom that new office to save you walking back to your office.
If you are not using this feature I would recomend removing the default code (if not done already) which is CM 200>A7>A018 Just type CCC to remove it. Or look for an access code in your numbering plan that may = A018.
When fat fingered accidently by a user you see the scenario you were experiencing.

jguderian: Don't forget to give Pave35 his star. Many of us LIVE for stars. ;)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Id be a very poor man by now with all the help that Ive received on this forum... :)

Thanks again for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back