Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quintum Tenor over SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenmac

Technical User
Jan 30, 2008
US
I know there have been several threads concerning this, but the available info is still pretty thin.

Does anyone have any config tips for Registering a Quintum Tenor AF with NRS?

Also, Is the Tenor configured as a Gateway Endpoint, or User Endpoint within NRS?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

So far, I have followed the Tenor SIP configuration Notes bulletin from the Nortel site, and added a DnsStaticHost entry in the var_config.cfg file.

I am not able to register with the primary NRS. Here is the error I am getting on the sig server:

22/04/2008 08:52:15 LOG0003 NPM: npmTunneledUIPEExtract: Epid information incomplete

Any takers?

SIP is pretty straight forward, as long as the device your using is compatible with Nortel's SIP.

I had a similar issue with an Audio Codes Analog VOIP Media Gateway. Turned out, there was only 1 version of firmware that was compatible with Nortel.

Don't know if that helps your particular situation, but perhaps the firmware or the device compatibility is the issue.

NRS is generally very forgiving and rarely the cause of the problem, as long the devices connecting to it are compatible.

Thanks pronei,

I will explore software compatibility, and post my findings.

It's configured as a gateway endpoint, I have 27 configured on CS1000E.

letron - do you have any hints on configuration? I've been fighting this for a while now. I can call from the Tenor to the 1000E, but calling back from the E to the Tenor, I get a destination out of service message on the d-channel messages. I ran some sniffer traces and it looks to me like the Tenor isn't responding to the invites from the sig server/NRS. Quintum's docs lack detail, and Nortel doesn't seem to say much other than its a compatible product.

allenmac - I don't mean to hijack your thread. If it helps, I configured the tenor I'm working with as a static SIP endpoint in NRS.

I am having the same issue and this is what I do know to be a true statement.

1- We cannot dial an Ext from the Quintum Analog Remote Gateway to the Nortel.
2- Yes we are using dilaing plan via NRS
3- Yes, we are using INAC = sending AC1 access code 9 for tandem PSTN outbound calls in the SIP Route Data Blocks 4 at all endpoints.

commonguy,

Do you have the dial plan on the Quintum configured?

Mine is set to Custom for Dial Plan Country, and under the UPDP, I have the following configured

for calls internal to the pbx:

Pattern: 1st digit of extension on Nortel phones
Type: 7:private
Minimum Digit: DN Length
Maximum Digit: DN Length

for calls to the pstn:

Pattern: 9
Type: 101: Special Type 101
Minimum Digit: 11 (I do 10 digit dialing NPA-NXX+Ext)
Maximum Digit: 16 (enough for an international call)

I do not have '9' defined anywhere in the NRS, as I have read in other threads. The 101: Special Type seems to take care of that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back