Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quincy non-fatal error - freezes Win 95 network machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodbuddy

MIS
Jul 31, 2002
US
I have been receiving an error on just one my win95 machines. It seems to happen randomly when flipping through screens and programs. I have not been able to replicate the error myself. The error states "Quincy error -the semaphore timeout has expired" I'm then prompted to click "ok". At that point it states "Quincy for Win32 - an application error has occured & a Notes.rip file is being generated in UNKNOWN. It states that its done generating file to click done. At this point a error box WINOLDAP is prompted. "an error occured in your program to keep working click Ignore (does nothing if chosen) or save work to new file, to quit click close (Close brings me to blue windows screen). Then fatal exception OE has occured at 016f:bff9a25b current app will be terminated. WINOLDAP has caused a general protection fault in module s3_2.drv at 0001:00000cac. I must completly shutdown. It does not bring me back up to a network login, just a windows login. So I must login, shutdown and then it comes to a network login. We have a Novell 4.1\Windows NT network. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

That machine does have Lotus Notes Desktops 4.5 loaded. I dont think it is the program running during the error. Do you think its software related then?

I'm going to give that a try but first I'm going to ghost that machine...thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back