Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quiet sound on Gigabyte MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2004
GB
Hi all i have a Gigabyte 7VM400MRZ board with onboard sound and it's very quiet, i have tried more than one pair of headphones but still no improvement. Has anyone else had problems with this board?

p.s. we have several PC's with this board and they are all the same.

Cheers.

"Horsey to king bish three

Where are you plugging in your headphones? CDRom or soundcard connections?

CDrom is not amplified.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

as previous person said where are you connecting head phones to?
check the onboard sound software configuratins to see it the volume is not turned downed. mistakes happen, check you are plugging it in the right socket.

Web Hosting & Telecommunications

Re-install the drivers. I've had a few times recently that the volume has been very low and it was due to corrupt/incorrectly functioning drivers.

This may be a silly suggestion, but when I got my headphones they were really quiet, and it took me a few minutes to find out there was a volume control inline with the headphone cord. :)

When I found that and turned it up it was fine.

Thanks guys i've tried them all except the drivers i'll download the latest and try. I'm plugging directly into the sound card.

"Horsey to king bish three

bofhrevenge2,

Have you checked the volume settings by double clicking on the little yellow speaker down by your clock?

Yep it's full tilt, i've looked at all the muting options in advanced as well.

Cheers.

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back