Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quicktime and Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Feb 17, 2002
SI
I've imported the QT file into Flash MX, and it works fine. But what I want is not whole movie - i just want a couple of sequences of the movie to be available. The problem is, there aren't keyframes for each moving picture but only one keyframe in which Quicktime is stored. Is there any possibility to get individual pictures from QT? Or should I divide QT file into segments from some video problem and then import multiple instances.
Thanks for your suggestions in advance. L.

Did you embed the video in MX? If so you should have as many frames as the video itself, and then simply remove the ones that you want to get rid of. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Don't worry, if my reply is wrong, BillWatson will clean it up for me!

'gards.

I've tried both - embed and linked - and none of them produced pictures in frame - just the whole movie in one frame... Grrr, am I doing something wrong.

Hi all.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, you cannot delete frames in the middle of a movie. If you try to delete 50 frames in the middle of the movie, flash will delete the last 50 frames!

You could control the movie with AS, but if there are pieces of the movie you don't need, the size of your file would be unnecessarily big. The best way would be to split up you movie in a video-authoring program.

FCiL

True! Remembered editing picture sequences (from videos) in Flash 5 days. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Don't worry, if my reply is wrong, BillWatson will clean it up for me!

open Flash MX, goto the timeline and insert a keyframe at 545. remove that keyframe and put another 1 as far down the timeline as you can. Do the same process about 3-4 times. Import the movie to the libary. then drag n drop it to the stage and it should fill up the frames. then just remove the frames that aren't needed. if it doesn't fit in the amount of frames do the bit highlighted in red.

Need cheats?

goto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back