Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quickpad Fails to Execute Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

claypool

Technical User
Nov 8, 2010
I am using Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme 9.0 on Vista. I have some macros that run when executed directly from the list of macros. These are extremely simple macros for pasting text commands to network elements -- mostly TL1. However, many of the macros fail to execute when attached to Quickpad buttons. I've deleted the buttons and recreated them with no change. Although I have significant numbers of concurrent sessions running (a minimum of 12, typically about 20), there is absolutely no interaction between the sessions. I suspect a possible memory problem because I once had a session that I would start from a desktop icon that refused to allow clipboard copying from the session. However, when I deleted the icon and recreated the icon, copying worked. Also, some of my attempts to "Save As" a Quickpad to a new name display the old Quickpad name in the title bar when the new Quickpad was invoked.

Partial Solution: Macros execute from the list when there are spaces in the macro name. However, they do not execute when attached to a QuickPad button. Rename the macro without a space in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back