Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quicken 99 won't register

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblue

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Quicken has terminated support on versions prior to Quicken 2000 and when re-installing everything on a PC, Quicken 99 won't run past 10 attempts without registering it, and Quicken no longer will accept the registration!! their only 'solution' is to buy the latest version.

anyone know where Quicken keeps the trigger that says it has been registered, so i can make it think i have registered? i hate being forced to buy a new version just because they don't support the version i'm running.
thanks,
eric

I just helped someone with their QuickBooks 99 when installing on their new computer had same problem. Fortunately they still had the old one running. I don't have Quicken99 on anything to look at.

Anyway, under Help and About, sometimes the splash screen has helpful data. Quicken2000 doesn't.

on the Quicken site, they say if you use any Quicken before 2000, you are SOL... they are no longer accepting registrations. unfortunately you can't use it on a re-install without registering it again!

i was hoping someone would have a hack or something that i can just change a registry entry or file somewhere that will make it think i have registered it.

thanks,
eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back