Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick way to swap button on Callmaster 5 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcw1

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
US
I have a G3R V10 and I have been asked to change our Manual In button to an Auto-In button and add Timed ACW. Is there an quick way to replace the manual-in button or do I need to make the change to each station. Thanks in advance!!

mcw1

Do you have ASA?? If you do you can export the station forms to a CSV file then cut and paste the changes to all stations you wish on the csv file then import the csv file back into the system. This will change all the stations will new info on the csv file automatically.

colby007 - What version of ASA do you have? Mine (r1.12) does not include button information with the export/import feature. Everything else, just not the station buttons.

Susan
[sup]Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. - Mark Twain[/sup]

I have ASA 1.10 and it doesn't seem to have the button feature. Looks like I will be changing alot of stations.

thanks!

Yes, I've run into this before, also. With my old DSA 1.5, I've found the fastest way is to use the GEDI interface, then list the range of stations wanted:

list sta 4200 to 4260

Once the list is generated, you can scroll though it, double click each station (to activate "ch sta NNNN"), click the tab for the page you need, click the button field, hit ctrl-V (to paste "auto-in", which you copied from a text editor, for example), and finally hit F3 to save.

It's true the GEDI interface is a bit slower than emulation, but for me, this was less typing and less mistakes.

You can also substitute keyboard commands for most of the mouse clicks.

If you have ASA you should be able to create a Template using a station that has the new button configuration. (Make sure you open up the template and delete anything that applies only to the station you copied; the station name, MWI Lamp station etc.)

Then use the import function to change the stations using the new template. This will add in the new buttons.

Stu4rtc - great tip! It actually works, much to my amazement. This is timely, since next week I'll be updating 200+ stations for new abrv-dial buttons.

Susan
[sup]Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. - Mark Twain[/sup]

Stu4rtc

Post is really helpful, wondering if you can help tho' as I've got a bit stuck. I've managed to create a template and I'm having trouble getting my excel file to import. Do I save the file as a .csv file or a .txt file.

I'm trying to run a test with just the one station on before I try to do a bulk run.

I'm also getting the message that an automatic login is required I've amended the properties but its timing out.

If you can help I'd most appreciate it.

Cheers

It doesn't really matter how you save the file but csv is recommended.

Once you import the file you need to specify coloms again before saving the grid and sending it back.

Play a little with unused extensions and you'll work it out.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Right before you import (when you press the lightning rod button), are you pressing the save button (the disk.)

Discomonkfish,

I've found that simplest method is to cut and paste the extension number column from excel into the relevant columns in ASA(Extension,Message Lamp Ext and Emergency Location Ext if used) and the port number into the Port column. The template will take care of the rest of the values.

Hope this helps.

make sure you close the terminal emulation window before running the import or you will find it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back