Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick Time Nightmare !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

momen

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
EG

Hi

My os is : windows xp

Multimedia software : windows media player 8.0
real one player
qt 6.3

capture cards : fly video 2000 ( tv capture )

vga card : ati radeon 9100vivo.

All the systems was fine until the day I tried to use the power director pro – video capture software for the ati 9100.the software didn't work .

The software tech. support told me that there is some kind of conflict between media player 9.0 and the power director pro v2.0 .

So I reinstall the windows again using the media player version 8.0 – standard player of xp –

The software works fine but my problems with qt begin.

1- when I try to run any *.mov file from the net I use to see the qt logo on the page but now I don't see the logo and after I download the file I have a message that the file search for the player. I checked the explorer plug-in folder and I saw the qt.class file in the folder.

2-when we install the qt we choose the kind of file that we want to open with qt player .
I noticed that all this kind have now the qt icon except the *.mov file still without any icon .

If I click on this file it open with qt , but if I choose open with ( right click with the mouse ) I don't see the qt icon as the recommended software , and if I choose qt player to open this file I have this message ( the *.mov is not a valid win32 application )!

3- the last thing is happing today that when i try to edit any quick time files using adobe premiere 6.5 the program crash and stop working.

What is going on wrong – how I can fix this problem ?

I don't wont to reinstall the os again , I feel that each time I solve a problem I have a new one !!

wow

if i can reinstall media player 9.0 and replace it with media player 8.0 i wouldn't have to reinstall windows xp form the begining.

media player 8.0 is built in windows xp and if i want to reinstall it i must reinstall the operating system !!

There are 3 version released for Windows 8 media player. Get one of those "updated" versions ( ie 8.1 ; 8.2 )

And did you reinstall quicktime? Since quicktime is the one making the associations. IF its not recognizing mov or qt movie,s then Quicktime did NOT install correctly.

WMP 8 has screwed-up your system settings, claiming the .mov file type for itself, even though it can't display most qt movies made after 1992!

The solution is to reinstall QuickTime; that should fix the registry problems.

A more convenient, but less fool-proof method is to open the QuickTime settings control panel and set QuickTime as the player for all QT file types. That usually works, but if your system is severely corrupted by WMP 8, it may not solve all the problems. Installing QT on top of WMP should fix things accross the board, if the qt settings panel can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back