Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick question about call logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUIsareapassingfad

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2016
US
Hi,
Does the Meridian track or log calls made out onto the trunks?
We have a system for monitoring LD calls, but i want a log for all calls.
I recall there being some way to "watch" a line and see when its being used. but i cant seem to find that info.
I am also going to talk to our PRI provider.

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Yes
CDR would need to be configure for your routes.
Sounds like the software you use now should work for capturing all the calls if configured correctly.

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

Overlay 96 offers a monitor tracking tool but this is just for error isolation .
Providers has mustly better solution for monthly statistics and so on

You will need to follow the instructions in the NTP'sto enable CDR records for all calls, but the issue is, do you have a Call Logger capable of collecting the records and displaying them and allowing you to search them? If you have one for "Long Distance" calls and it is not in your domain to modify it, you will need to have it modified for the additional record types that will be generated. The base alternative is a printer to create a mass of paper records, or a serial connected PC that can capture all to disk. Then there is an EXCEL conversion tool in the public domain, that can parse the records into a meaningful searchable display.

Awesome replys!

1. OMG i just made 6 different calls to comcast business to get access to the CDR. NOBODY KNEW WHERE IS WAS!!!
2. I wanted to get another tool because the logging software we use Does log local as well as LD, but its flaky and doesnt always stay up.
3. Called Comcast CSA. Someone is using our number to spoof and there is nothing they can do about it!

Thank again for all your help
GUI's are a passing fad!

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back