Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick lowercase tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyg

Technical User
Mar 30, 2001
US
I am new to Dreamweaver.
Is there a way to change all tags to lowercase?
I am trying to following the XHTML standards.

Thanks,
Mickey

what do you mean tags?? you mean anchor tags?? HTML tags?? be more specific in what you would like to do...

I want to convert all my html tags (that Word created in uppercase) to lowercase.

At the moment you would have to go in and retype all the tags to lowercase, macromedia doesn't have a extension that turns uppercase letters to lowercase letters, or vise versa ok??

Actually, you can go into the Edit/Preferences and select the "Code Format" section. In there you can specify the case you want for your tags.

Additionally, in Macromedia's Dreamweaver Exchange, if you go to the Text category, there is an extension that changes the case of your selected text - upper to lower case and vice versa.

Hope this helps!

Hi, what is the Macromedia extension that allows you to change your uppercase to lowercase and vice versa??

The link takes me a page that says "...the URL you requested is not available, or your user session has ended because of inactivity.".
If you know the name of the extension you can just give me that, and i'll find it on Macromedia.com
Thanx...

just do a search for "change case" - it should be the only thing that pulls up

I too have been doing xhtml conversion work.

My solution is a little circular though. I like Dreamweaver for its WYSIWYG graphical approach to web page layout.

But, for code intensive work like an xhtml conversion, I use the HTML editor Homesite. This program can be purchased from Allaire (now part of Macromedia) for under $100 and is designed to be used inside of the Windows Dreamweaver.

It will change your tag case. You can use it to do universal replacements of tags (ie. <br> to <br />) by file, all files in a directory (tremendous!), or by defined project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back