Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick email server suggestions/question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSMJ

MIS
Nov 27, 2002
Hi Guys
I'm having huge difficulty with Postfix and all those other programs that come together to for a fully functional mail server. I was wondering whether anyone knows of a really simplistic guide on how to put together a mail server with webmail, anti-spam and AV scanning or of a complete mail solution like Desknow ( which I could install as a single package. Thanks.

Well that goes against the whole *NIX philosophy of having little programs that hand work from one to another in sequence. Sure it's harder to get all of the little parts to work together sometimes but it's usually better.

Anyway, I have been looking into making a new mail filter server and ran across qmailrocks.org. I'm using sendmail and it seems that qmail will be much better. What sold me is all of the high profile sites that use it.

Fernando

Postfix is simple configuration mailserver.
I have implemented postfix, courier imap, Squirrelmail and Clamav also Evolution as mail client without much problem.
The result was wonderfull:)
Want Anti Spam and content filtering just add the configuration into Postfix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back