Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick count on phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd1019

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
Could someone tell me the commands to get a count on the following in an Option 81c

Number of Digital line cards in the system
Number of used digital line ports
Number of unused digital line ports

The system uses 3905 acd phones and 3904 admin phones.

ld 20 for used and unused ports
use SLT(system limits data)
In ld 117 you can generate and print a card inventory

In LD 22 at REQ SLT return.
Try LD 81, REQ CNT, CUST 0, hit return until FEAT is displayed and enter SETS, hit return 2 more times, will give you count of sets that are built.

luc for list unused cards, ld 81 lst then feat=sets, you can all so cnt (count) for just the total build

ld 117
inv generate all

after it completes (or the next day)

ld 117
inv prt all

that gives you all cards and phones, including color and serial number

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Is there a print out like these that show the number of 3904 and 3905 sets?

These were all very helpful thanks.

I have yet another question. Is there a command to show how many stations are not connected and how many are? My system shows 212 phones built but I know that all of those are not connected and we need to hook up a few. If I can figure out how many are unplugged I can just cross connect them.

Thanks guys

If your system is set up properly, you should be disabling the sets that are not connected every night in the midnight routines. From there it is easy to check which TN's are built but disabled, simply go to

LD 32
LDIS loop shelf

This will give you the disabled TN's on that particular loop

As a follow up, I realized that I should probably have told you where to find the OVLY portion if they are not running already:

LD 22
PRT
OVLY

at the DROL indicator, make sure that 32 is in there. If it is not go to LD 17

LD 17
CHG
OVLY
enter down to DROL and enter 32
enter through

The next day you should have many disabled TN's to choose from

Good Luck.

You will need LD 30 in the DROL to test the loops and disable sets. LD 32 is where you would enable, disable, LDIS, etc...

that would be ld 30 sir

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I use LD 20 to find out how many digital ports are unused:

req: LUVU
type: 2000 (this will show digital ports not programmed).

If you wanted to see how many analog ports available, you would use:

req: LUU
type: 500 (RETURN)

Lastly, after finding out what IS in use, you can enable all disabled sets and then do an IDU in LD 20
example:

req: IDU 72 0 0 1 (RETURN)
M3900 TN 72 0 0 1
NT CODE: NTMN03EA
COLOR CODE: 70
RLS CODE: 02
SER NUM: 0403CX

This is a lot like pinging a computer to see if the other side is there and alive. The above can only be accomplished for enabled digital sets, and not analog, but if there is a phone at the far end, you will get information as printed above.

Spel is right if you want to know what TN's are open and not programmed. However, I thought you wanted to know what TN's are programmed but do not have a phone on them. To IDU each unit may take awhile.

LD's 10,11,20 and 32 are "linked loads".

ld 117
inv generate midnight

ld 117
inv prt sets (or all to include cards)

that idu's each set in the switch, gives you the programed and actual chip set, color, serial number.. a little quicker then idu on each set.. after you issue the generate command it runs every night.. i do a prt once a week, use excel to compare col a to col c,
Code:
 =sum (a1-c1)
1st do a search and replace, search for m replace with nothing.. that removes the m from the m2008 idu.. you can drag the =sum col to the bottom of the page. full process is quicker then typing this reply.. i use it to catch people swapping sets.. and phones that are unplugged, usually due to construction.. 8000 sets so i have a dozen or so a week to either find or out..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back