Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queuing to multiple skills question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGarcia87

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
US
queue to split 31 pri h
check split 32 pri h if unconditionally
check split 33 pri h if unconditionally
check split 34 pri h if unconditionally

Question: In this example, if skills 31 thru 33 have no one available, will the call end in skill 34 regardless of skill 34's state? If so, what's the best way for the call to keep checking the skills for available agents without putting it in a loop?

The above config would put the call into three queues, 32,33 & 34. A call can only be in a maximum of 3 skills so even though you queued it to skill 31, when you did the check of skill 34, it took it out of 31.

This is what I meant to put, not "Check split"...

queue to skill 31 pri h
queue to skill 32 pri h if unconditionally
queue to skill 33 pri h if unconditionally
queue to skill 34 pri h if unconditionally

Even with today's technology you can only queue to a max of 3 skills in the Avaya?

So, I can add 5 skills if I wanted but once it checks the last skill it'll only stayed queued to the last 3 skills?

No, you can only queue to 3 skills and it will fail when you try to queue to a 4th or 5th. So only the first 3 skills you queue to are the queues the call will stay in.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Yes, another aspect in which Avaya is still stuck in the 80s.

You can still get the call to multiple skill, but you have to do it in a loop, like below. Also you'll have to watch your stepcount (variable SC in the example below)... if your vector runs more than 10000 steps, it can't process any more. (This shouldn't be a problem unless your hold times are extreme.)

06 queue-to skill 31 pri h
07 check skill 32 pri l if available-agents > 0 all-levels
08 check skill 33 pri l if available-agents > 0 all-levels
09 check skill 34 pri l if available-agents > 0 all-levels
10 wait-time 10 secs hearing music
11 # Max vector steps = 10,000... loop unless we approach it
12 goto step 7 if SC < 9950
13 # Do other stuff e.g. send the call to voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor