Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queued Forever 8.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiaczz

Technical User
Feb 19, 2005
CA
Hello,

I have a customer that recently got a new DAT 72 HP Drive for his server, he only has Veritas version 8.6. I have installed veritas several times in the past but cant seem to get this one right.

I have installed the program
I have installed the veritas drivers
The drive appears in Veritas with no problems
Everything looks good.

However if I try anything, such as erase, format, backup, inventory etc. The activity monitor says running at first, then it goes backed to Queued and just sits there forever, the only way to stop it is to cancel the job. Problem is its not telling me anything iswrong in the log.

All I can see that if you did something like inventory the drive it says mounting slot 1, then it goes into queued mode and it says storage drive is busy.

Ideas?
Thanks

Make sure that the tape device is not paused.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Check the SCSI cable, if its connected to external one. Change the cable, this will work.

Thanks for the suggestion but its an internal drive and a new SCSI Drive cable has already been tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back