Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue to agent transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 10, 2007
PL
Hi,

I'm running CM 3.0. When call is queued to skill and next transfered to agent immediately whet hi's aviable. Is there any way to play caller a ring before transfer from queue to agent ?

The only way I know of to provide a ring to the customer is to have your agents use "Manual-in" instead of "Auto-in" for call answer.

The down side is that you are putting the responsibility on the Agent to answer the call. The agent could decide to let it ring as long as they want and your ASA and telecom costs would invariably increase.

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!" Anonymous

VOAs in the VDN create ring time. If you program a VOA "whisper" in the VDN while the whisper announcement plays to the agent, the caller hears ringing.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Stinney,

Thanks. This is exactly what I need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back