Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue Timers 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

superikey

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Is there a way to change the interval between still queued anouncments form the default of 20sec?

Hello There

Yes there is... it MUST be entered under the NO USER Source Number and then the IP Office MUST BE REBOOTED... Also Please Note this affects all the HUNT GROUP Delay Announcement Time and you MUST BE RUNNING VMPro from my understanding.

Here is the string

ACD_QUEUE_DELAY=nn (nn = min 20 sec to a max of 180 sec )

hope this Helps

tech1958

Just tested on 3.1, works, brill.

The reboot note is important.

Star duely given.

It very much looks like Avaya's left hand doesn't always get told what its right hand is doing.

Is this offically supported as I have been asking about this on an off for 3 years. I have even put in feature requests now I find it on a website

[cheers]

FYI this setting seems to cause problems on 3.0.59. If a new a caller calls into to VM while an existing caller is being played the still queued message, the greetings stop playing.

Isaac Braca
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.
Email: braca@iccsllc.com

ICCS, Your Premier IT Partner, is a NYC Based Avaya Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

I have been looking for this information for months! Thank You! Star Given

Etienne

Thanks, Tech1958...

I tried this on a IPO403 with 3.1 (GA).

Works like a champ!

Star to you! (Now, if you could just tell me how to enable cascaded outcalling - ;-) !!)

Mark

Sorry to rain on you parade but I suspect this may be a peace of code that’s not supported give me a couple days and I should have the good oil Yes no from T4. I would stay keep away from it unless you get the OK from Avaya.

[cheers]

... tsk, where's the anti-star option. And where's your nerve crashtest, test it, try it, and if it works use it.

We're all on an IP Office voyage of discover and that includes the happy chappies of T4.

Nerves never recovered after 2.1(15) and then were totally f**ked after 3.0 started a course of drugs and have been promised the twitch will go away after 3.0(69) have only just attached drip wait and see.

PS had talked with T4 and it this feature appears to be on the up and up so I guess go for gold

[cheers]

Cool, I've wanted this too. I always wanted my front-end annce to hit after 15 seconds or so, but people would blow their brains out if they heard the repeating that often.

now, if we can just confirm the exact format of the RESTRICT_LAST_CA command. I couldn't get it to work in 3.1.2901, unless a reboot is required also.

Kris G.

Got it to work after a reboot. Also, the = is important because that is a variable field (my testing has concluded). Blank, or a 0 will restrict 1 appearance. 1 will restrict 2 appearances. I kinda noticed a pattern at that point, so I'm guessing a 2 will restrict 3 appearances, etc.

Crashtest,

I came across a thread on here last week regarding the RESTRICT_LAST_CA= hack in the system. We've got a problem where if you are a member of a huntgroup that has Call Waiting (such as our Attendants HG), you might fill up all your Call Appearances, thus be unable to transfer a call. We've had it happen and its a pain. Basically, you do the same thing you do with this ACD delay (put it in the NO User Short Codes). What I was missing was the reboot to impliment, until it was mentioned in this thread.

Thanks...

Kris G.

so the RESERVE_LAST_CA= is a system wide setting that stops all users from filling up their CAs yes. Does it only apply to hunt groups or will it prevent internal calls from filling CAs as well.

[cheers]

Well, thats the wierd part. Just like a Definity, it applies to their KEYS (whether huntgroup or direct calls). The downside (right now) is that if they have VM, it doesn't redirect to VM, it plays a busy signal. That shouldn't be an issue for HG calls since they just won't terminate on that phone. UNLIKE the Definity, yes its system-wide (Definity is per-user).

Indeed. I'm just glad they've got this facility to test their features (no user shortcodes).

Kris G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back