Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue or Skill question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance428

Technical User
Oct 25, 2011
US
I have a skill or queue and I would like to limit the number of calls that it can hold at any one time. Can this be done?

Look at the hunt group and the queue limit field might be what you are looking for

Be very careful with that limit. If the limit is reached and you try to queue another call, it will queue to oblivion and will stay in the queue loop. I have run into this situation many times and it really messes up the stats. Watch you trunk channels for long holding calls when your agents are available, this will show a lost call.

You call also have a step in your vector like

go to step xx if calls queued in skill xx = xx
your go to step could hang up or play a message etc

I just posted the below, also. This is dealing with the above thread.

Maybe one of you could help.

I am trying to accomplish this with the command:

02 goto step 50 if calls-queued for skill x pri h > 50

50 disconnect after announcement xxxxx

The problem I am having is:
In the command above the calls-queued always equals 0
It will never get higher than 0

I am watching that queue in CMS and it says that queue has 140 callers in that queue.

Why will it never get above 0?

I appreciate anyones help on this

Try = instead of > and see if that does it.

yes I have tried =, the only thing that seems to satisfy the statement is = 0 or >or= to 0.

I find it hard to believe that 140 callers are in queue, I believe this is the queue limit, hunt group form will tell the story on page 1 I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back