Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue limit question on the Hunt forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I have my queue limits set according to a guesstimation of call volumes for each Helpdesk I have. I have had in the past complaints during high traffic times that the callers get a busy signal when attempting to call a particular Helpdesk and I figured out that the queue limit was to low in those cases.

Today however I have a Helpdesk that has a maximum of 50 allowed in the queue at one time and for some reason instead of giving a busy signal for the 51st call, the calls over flowed to other Helpdesks.

Where do I turn that option off? I do not want it to over flow to anywhere, I want the busy signal on after the 50th caller.

Thanks

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

Is there anything in the vector that might route the 51st caller to another queue?

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

No I have no such vectoring.

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming

Could it possibly be built in the cloud as redundancy?

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

98Converter - No this is a setting local to the PBX that I know.

try this during your non-production hrs

change the quue length to minimum so that you can place few test calls ( have some test agents logged into Q).Now place some test calls eitehr on Trunk/VDN/HUNT and run a trace ....just see what happens and why it goest to overflow trunk/hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back