Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue in VM PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanZenden

MIS
Sep 1, 2003
SI
In VM Pro i've setup Queue and Queue ETA for a group Support (Specific starpoint -> Groups -> Support). Then I added Queue position, Queue ETA and also Transfer)
Then I tested this and all I can hear is MOH. After 10 sec, MOH stops for half a second and begins to play again,
until I hear announcment to leave a message, but between that time it should play announcment for Queue and Queue ETA, but it doensn't...

Hunt group and all users in this hunt group have Call waiting on.

I've done everything just like in JobAid for VM PRO exercices.
Any advice what to do? Thanks

On the Queue position and Queue ETA, under the Specifics tab, you have to specify a wav for it to play.
Have you done this?

[cheers] Bottoms up!

I have entered wav, but under Entry prompts. I also tried under Specific tab, but it's the same problem....

For the queue messages to play all members of the group must
be busy or logged out. In your case call waiting is enabled
so calls are never going to enter the queue as they are seen as available.

If you disable call waiting for all members and the group
you will get to hear the queue messages.

I've disabled call waiting and now I can hear Queue, but not Queue ETA. Now happens something else, I hear Queue and instanty after than it goes to VM to leave a message.

VanZend, if I understand you correctly, the problem is the call doesn’t stay in the Queue but times out and goes to message, and you want it to stay in the queue? I have a similar setup I added a start point “queued” it goes to Transfer and its entry prompt plays my 1st Q message its specific destination goes to $ACD.
I then added a start point called still Queued here I added the Q position with 2nd Q message this is connected to a menu and this menu’s timeout goes to Transfer and this transfer’s destination is $ACD. Off the menu I give them the option to leave a voice message if they want.
I’m not sure if this fits your problem, I hope it is of some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back