Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue / Extension question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmkatt

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2006
US
IP office 500...We have 5 locations. At our main location we have various agents that will login to our reservation queue. When an agent logs in to a queue at our dispatch desk then you need to call that agents extension to reach the dispatch phone. Various agents will login at our dispatch desk and to our reservation queues to answer calls at that desk depending on the day or shift and sometimes it needs to change on the fly. Our issue is that the employees at the other locations need to continuously contact the dispatch desk also at various times of the day and the dispatcher needs to be in the queue to answer reservation calls. Is there a way to program it so that phone can be reached with a non-changing extension while also allowing the agents to login to the queue at that phone and not have to call a different agents extension everytime a shift changes or require posting a schedule for everyone to know who will be logged on by day or time? We can consider the option of adding a second phone at that desk but if there is a work around anyone knows of we'd like to test it. We go live on Tuesday so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am not sure i quite understand your setup, but you can put all of the agents into a dispatch desk hunt group. Then that phone could always be reached by dialing the hunt group. Whomever was logged into that group could be reached. The agent would just have to log into that group also.

sounds like you need a good BP to assist.

sounds to me like you just need group buttons to take yourself in and out of.

where are you based?

ACSS - SME

We figured out that we can program it to still dial the phone in question by the extension ID number like extension 1103 can be reached regardless of who is logged in at 8003#. Is there a way to program it so we do not have to dial the #. We would like to just be able to dial the 4 digits just like if we were dialing an extension. Using tokens how can we program to dial any 8 and add the pound sign without having to dial it?

Thanks for the advice but we got the soft code and it is working. Here is the code we used
8xxxN
dial extension by ID
8N#
We tested it and it is working as we need it to.

Why do you want to call the extension instead of the user?
I do not see why this is handy.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The reason we want this is that we will have various users logged in at the dispatch phone depending on the day or shift. This is our central point of contact for our other offices, drivers etc. Sometimes it can change on the fly who will be at the desk. They also answer reservation calls so need to be logged into the the reservation queues also which then makes the phone their extension to call it. Instead of having to continually update all of our offices and drivers who's extension is logged in at that phone every time it changes we are using the soft code above to allow the dispatch phone to be reached by dialing the system extension ID in this case 8003 which the system assigned for extension 1100 so we will always be able to ring the dispatch phone regardless of who is logged in at it. Hope this clarifies it. Thanks

I think i understand.
To prevent loosing calls by lazy user not logging in to that group you send calls to the extension ID. :)

BAZINGA!

Not exactly. It is that we want to tell our users once "to reach the dispatch desk, dial (EXTENSION ID) 8003" regardless of who is logged into the phone. Without this we would always have to update our staff at the 7 other locations every time a shift changes Who is logged in since it would become the logged in users extension. The dispatch extension is the central point of contact for all staff. Thanks

Why not make a group for it and put all those users in it.
When they have their shift then they login to that group.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back