Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue calls with RAD and MOH 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewski6666

Technical User
Jul 15, 2008
CA
Customer with MXE MCD 6.0 with PRI
I have two DID’s with a capacity of 10 calls per DID, here is the setup that the customer wants:
if the user (where the DID’s rings)is on a call, all other calls should go to a RAD then the MOH until the user become free, then he will receive the next call in the queue. The use of ACD is not an option.
- I configured two single lines on the user’s phone (one for each DID)
- In system speed dial, I led every single DID to the corresponding single Line
- I created a RAD and recorded the greeting
- For both single lines, I programed a call routing 1st alternative to RAD.
TESTS:
If the single line is busy and I call the DID, the call is answered by the RAD then the MOH, but when the single line becomes free, the call does not ring on the single line (the caller always listening music).
Is there another method of programming that can achieve the setup that my customer wants?
thank you

Terminate to a hunt group with with the keyline as the member

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Hi Kwb,
I will never forget when I started with Mitel (2007), you helped me a lot.
For what you suggested, I created the hunt group (with the single line as a member), routing 1st Alt to Rad.
If the single line is busy and I call the hunt group, I hear the RAD message three times(!!?) and then the MOH, when the single line becomes free, the call remains in the queue

How are you invoking the RAD

You should not be using any form a rerouting

Here is my setup
I created the RAD port 7009
Creates the hunt group 1500, (put the single line 1501 as a member)
Configured the call rerouting 1st Alt 9 (which reroute to 7009)
I associated the call rerouting 9 to the hunt group 1500 on 1st Alt..
When I dial 1500, the 1501 single line rings.
When I dial 1500 (and 1501 single line is busy) I came across the RAD then the MOH, and when the 1501 becomes available, the call remane in the queue (the 1501 does not receive the call.

Remove the routing

Add the rad directly in the hunt group

removed the rerouting and here is the result,
If I call the hunt group 1500 while the single line in 1501 is free, the 1501 rings ,after a certain time (about four ring) the caller listens to the RAD message, then the MOH, during this time, the call continuous ringing on 1501.
If I call the hunt group while the 1501 is busy, I have a busy Tone.
From what I understand, I have to create 10 single lines (and put them as the hunt group members) for the setup of the client works, what is your opinion?

Are you calling a DID or the are you dialing the internal number

The DID will Queue as long as campon is enabled in the COS of the trunk. It should not return Busy

Calls can be transferred to the busy hunt group

Keep in mind that at the beginning you said that ACD is not an option. You get what you pay for.

I was dialing the the hunt group number (That's my error). when I tested via the trunk, i worked perfectly.
Thanks Kwb, another star for you, you made my day.

@brewski6666, Configure the DID's in the DID to terminate on the user (your current speedcall will work too, but the DID table is a much nicer implementation in my opinion . As kwbmitel says, make sure the campon is enabled. Configure the call coverage announcements for the desired RAD. Assign this call coverage index to the user. When the call comes in and the user is busy the call will campon and after the timer provisioned in the call announcement expires the RAD will play, after the announcement then MOH is connected. Call Coverage announcements is new to 7.0.

@IRSM - The system is rel 6.0

@kwbMitel, sorry missed the rel 6.0. Highly recommend upgrade though, simplifies the provisioning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back