Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

krappleby025

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
NL
2 to be precise

i need to send variables sent to one page to be forwarded into an IFRAME in the same page, the iframe takes the complete page,
the variables are sent from another page, which submits to this page, they need passing onto another page inside an iframe of the second page...
Any ideas

i also need to set up a link...
i use frames on my page, when the top frame is opened i need it to auto open another page in the bottom frame, How
the frame that the file needs to be opened in is called "main" the file is billcyclestart.asp
any ideas

thanks

could u put an diagram to this cuz i lost the way... ________
George, M

1. In the page you are submitting too, store the veriables as session varaibles declared in the global asa.
e.g. Session("Variable1") = Request("Variable1").
You can then use Session("Variable1") anywhere throughout the remainder of this session simply by referring to it.

2. In your frameset declaration is there any reason why you dont just put the src page of the main frame = billcyclestart.asp.
If you cant do this for some reason, initially default the main frame of the frameset to a blank web-page. In the body tag page in the top frame write an onload event which simply loads the required page into the main frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back