Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

questions on vector and vdn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONsiteengineer

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
PH
Hello. Im a newbie in AVAYa system. I have some questions to ask.

First, Can i remove a vector and how about VDN?
Second, how to setup a vector. I need to add a VDN first ryt?

Hope you can add some knowledge.

Thanks

ONsiteengineer,
You can not remove or add vector, you can just change vector
You can add or remove VDN.
Yopu don't have to setup a VDN to setup a vector, but you have to assign a vector when creating a VDN.

The process is as follows: -

You add a vdn using command "add vdn xxxx" where xxxx is the extension number you want.

use command "lis extens" to see what extensions are already in use. If the extension isn't in the list you can use it.

If you use the command "lis vec" it will show all the vectors that exist with something on them. They might not have any lines used but will show as used if you even have a name on the vector.

If you don't want a vector to be shown (effectively deleting it) you need to remove all the programming (just use the spacebar to overwrite anything and hit RETURN) including the name of the vector. This will stop the vector showing up in the list and means it's effectively deleted and free for use.

Derek

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

You can "remove" a vector by using "change vector X" and blanking out the Vector name and all the steps.

To "add" a vector use "change vector X" where X is an unlisted vector number when using "list vectors".

Before blanking a vector, use: "list usage vector X" to discover what VDN's/Vectors point to this Vector.

It is good practice to create a new vector and test with a dummy VDN before changing a live VDN to point to the new vector.
It is also usually better to create a new vector rather than make massive changes to an existing vector.
That way you can easily swap the VDN back to the old vector if it all goes horribly wrong.

Hope this helps.

Ronster
"If you’re too open-minded, your brains will fall out.

Thank you very to all your replies.. Its a great help! This forums really helps, especiallly for newbie like me..

NoProbs.

It's been a while, but I still remember being thrown into the deep end with Definity G3r v6!

Just remember to use F5 (help) ;-)

Ronster
"If you’re too open-minded, your brains will fall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back