Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions on SIP trunks and how to use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad69cat

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2010
US
OK - I keep getting dragged into things I have no clue about. If anybody is familiar with a Vocerea voice/audio system (like hospitals use) and how they operate (It's basically a mobile VIOP badge/phone). I guess there is a way to also be able to reach those badges/phones from a PBX if you have SIP capability to interface with the Vocerea server. SO - how would I know if my OPT 81 has any SIP capabilities? Not even sure how to make the connections if it has it...... the other option I guess would be to get a media gateway server and go that route.

I use to work on a Hill Rom system that looks somewhat similar to then Vocera. Basically you set up SIP trunking to the Vocera server. A quick search found me which looks like an older implementation with a direct SIP trunk. You will need to be licensed to use SIP/virtual trunks.

I think if I was setting something like this up in today's communications world I would get System and Session Manager set up in between the CS1K and the Vocera server to provide more flexibility and future connectivity.

Search around on the Avaya DevConnect site and you will probably see even more ways to make them interoperate.

This is primarily a set up they only use every few years for work that requires a central type controller talking to guys in the field/plant. SO, I don't want to get to crazy - and I need to impliment it fairly quickly/easily. I am not sure how to know what I have available in the switch? Much less if I have to have any licenses etc. This is outside my wheelhouse by quite a bit...... I'll dig around on the Avaya site though. Thanks

print your rout data blocks in LD 21 and look for a rout that has then prompt VTRK set to yes. Then look for the prompt PCID (protocol ID for rout) and see if it is set to SIP if it is you have SIP trunks already.

Thanks think1st - it looks like I struck out there...... no SIP in this guy. I was hoping for an easy/cheap path ;>/ I talked to one of my old friends that used to work on these and he says he thinks that the vocera can utilize a PRI T1 - which might work for me..? I'll dig into that option.

I have done Vocera with a PRI, works fine. I can post the config if needed.

If you could post that up or even shoot it to me - that would be a ton of help. I appreciate it! funny how I was only supposed to do moves/adds/changes..... I think I am gettting in deeper than I hoped.

Here is the Route, Trunk and DCH

REQ prt
TYPE adan dch 50

ADAN DCH 50
CTYP MSDL
GRP 1
DNUM 1
PORT 1
DES Vocera2
USR PRI
DCHL 50
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC ESS5
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

REQ ****
OVL000
>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 100

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 100
DES VOCERA2
TKTP TIE
M911P NO
ESN NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
NODE
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC ESS5
SBN NO
PNI 00001
SRVC NNSF
NCNA YES
NCRD YES
CHTY BCH
CTYP UKWN
INAC NO
ISAR NO
CPUB OFF
DAPC NO
BCOT 0
MBXR NO
DSEL VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8100
TCPP NO
PII NO
AUXP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ANTK
SIGO STD
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640

PAGE 002

GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096

IENB 5
TFD 0
VSS 0
VGD 6
DRNG NO
CDR NO
VRAT NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

REQ: ****
OVL000
>ld 20

PT0000
REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 50 1
SPWD
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES VOCERA2
TN 050 01
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 7
RTMB 100 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
TGAR 0
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND ECD WTA LPR APN THFD HKD SPCD
P10 VNL
TKID 8100
AACR NO
DATE 27 FEB 2014

Thank you sir! I'm sure I'll have other questions when we start on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back