Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions - Merlin Legend Paging across two systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion3311

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2010
US
I have a Merlin Legend R7 v9 at home for fun, it has some usual stuff like 408 MLX board, 008 ATL board, 016 and a 100D PRI/T1 board. I also have a couple spare boards including an extra 100D, 408MLX, and a 016 ETR board that seems to be a Magix board in a clamshell case. I understand the Legend boards work in a Magix (other than the ATL) if you remove them from the clamshell, so long story short if I got a Magix chassis and a processor, I basically have enough stuff to set up a Magix box with little investment.

Question: I have a detached garage and would love to be able to have a few phones out there and be able to page them from the house system. If I were to set up a PRI Tie trunk between the Legend, and say a Magix system, does the 799 page all group page all phones on the other system as well? If its not out of the box, can this be set up with programming?

Making this even more fun/interesting, I have IP Tubes T1/PRI over IP boxes I may try this with, as the garage has no wiring other than power between it and the house. Its plenty close enough for wifi though.

Thanks,

Jeff

The Merlin network reference says: Loudspeaker and voice paging calls cannot be made to non-local dial plan extensions or paging groups.

With a wire to the garage you have a couple options but without a wire you would need to work out a wireless solution first.

Doh! Maaan I found a cheap Magix box too. I'll play with it when it comes in anyway.

orion3311,

Will you be paging from single line phones or system phones?

Of course, if you have enough cable going between the 2 buildings, there's a few other things you could try.

As in extending the speaker wires from a set in the house out to the garage.

And other things......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back